Thursday, November 29, 2007

Unwelcome Guest

An unwelcome guest entered our house the other day. I was walking down the stairs and saw the beady eyes starting at me from above the door frame. It was a gecko. Inside the house. Israeli geckos do not come inside the house. This is why I've been able to coexist with them thus far. They have their space outside and I have mine inside. It's a great arrangement. But for some reason, this one got confused and decided to pay a visit. I told Sweetie about it, thinking *maybe* he would be my hero and trap it and take it outside. But, he only said, "Are you going to catch it?" Uh...the answer to that would be NO. Definitely not. I do not catch geckos. Even in Okinawa, where I faced constant, daily gecko harrassment, I only trapped two successfully. And I was screaming the entire time.

So, Mr. Gecko has been having his run of the basement for the past few days. I don't think he'll survive long down here though -- not much food for a guy like him. I suspect any day now I'll find his petrified gecko corpse. The only thing possibly worse than a live gecko!

No comments: