Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Houseguests

Yesterday some official houseguests arrived from England. Last night was easy (except for the part where I locked them out and was already in my pajamas when they came home and I had to keep them waiting outside while I threw clothes on and ran down the stairs to open the door) because Sweetie and the guests had a business dinner , but this morning, Sweetie and I got up early to set up breakfast out on our patio. I was afraid we'd have to do bacon and eggs and the whole lot, but Sweetie said we could keep it simple, so we put out cereals, fruit, toast, etc. Anyway, that was plenty stressful enough for me, seeing as how I come from a family where "entertaining" means sending one of the kids down to the basement to get a pitcher of beer from the tap.

No comments: