Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Awful GMAC Bank

Per my previous post on GMAC Bank, they have continued to display their gross incompetence even AFTER I closed my account. I've been waiting since 5 November to receive a check containing the reminder of my account which I closed with them. The bank said it was mailed on 5 November and that it would take 7-10 business days to receive it. Yeah right. Only after several emails to them asking if they were certain they used correct international postage, did they say, "Oh, well, if it's international then we don't know how long it will take to get there." GREAT. The whole point of this whole saga is the fact that I am living overseas. Quite why they didn't figure that out over the course of a phone call and several emails, I'm not sure.

Basically, whatever problem you have, GMAC Bank will only let you talk to one of these useless general customer service reps who only have a rote list of responses. So, there is NO personal attention whatsoever. You might as well just forget calling them to resolve any sort of problem or question, because their reps know less than you will!

Anyway, the check FINALLY arrived and guess what, they didn't send it until 21 November! They closed my account on the 5th!!! They sat on all my money for over two weeks! Complete jerks.

I hope lots of people pull up this post (and my other one on this issue) doing searches on GMAC Bank!

No comments: