Friday, November 2, 2007

BOYCOTT GMAC BANK

About that trick or treater I turned away, the reason I was in such a foul mood is because my bank is ROTTEN, HORRIBLE, AWFUL, and GROSSLY INCOMPETENT.

All I wanted to do was wire some money to the owner of the car I wished the purchase. Fairly simple task. But GMAC Bank wouldn't fax me the necessary forms and the forms weren't available on their website. So...it took several days and several HOURS of talking on the phone with their stupid customer service to finally get the forms emailed to me.

THEN, I needed to fax the forms back. And their only fax # is a toll-free number, which I could not fax from overseas. Lovely. So, again MORE useless phone calls talking to useless people. I won't tell you how I finally sent the forms back, but let's just say it was a completely unacceptable way to send them.

Then, they promised me the wire transfer would be completed that day. But, it wasn't. Because they needed to call me back to confirm it, and they won't spend 20 cents to call an overseas number.

So, the transfer was then supposed to happen the NEXT day, and when I emailed them to confirm that, some moron then tells me it will be 24-48 hours before the transfer occurs. WHAT?!?! So, I wrote back citing the name of the agent who told me it would be done the PREVIOUS day, and low and behold, it did happen. And then I called back to tell them to close my account and send me the check.

I have subsequently had to change all my direct deposits, direct withdrawals, etc. etc.

Anyway, when I finally saw that the transfer went through, I went racing upstairs shouting and doing a happy dance. Sweetie came out of the kitchen and said, "So, are you going to start acting normal now [and not depressed and sullen]?" Then, he took one look at me doing my crazy happy dance and said, "Apparently not." :-)

No comments: