Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Our crappy house

Today I've played host to not one, not two, not three, but FOUR repairmen.  Just an average day at our house.

First, the "handyman" (if only he were really handy) came to deal with our leaking (more like gushing) windows.  We've had three days of massive thunderstorms with torrential rains and I noticed substantial puddles in three rooms of the house.  Thank goodness Mom already left, otherwise she would've been washed off her bed!

This house is only two years old, so I really can't explain why the windows are leaking from the frames........

After the handyman, I had the washing machine "repairman."  I swear, this guy has been here more times to NOT fix something than I could shake a stick at.  I told the embassy I did not want the same guy to come because on 4 or 5  visits he has yet to ONCE successfully repair the machine!  But, guess who came, the same guy.  UG!!!

Then, the electrician came at a moment's notice because every time it rains, the circuitbreaker flips the power out in the basement.  Delightful!  He did a bit of caulking on the patio lights, but couldn't be sure what was causing the problem, so who knows.....

And, I noticed some sort of mystery button outside on the patio with a hole for a key in the middle.  I have NO idea what it might be for.  Anyone want to send their guesses?

And THEN, the carpenter came to look at our dining room chairs, 
as 9 out of 12 are in a state of imminent collapse.  The estimate 
for repair: almost $2,000!!!!  
But, we can't keep the chairs as is, so the carpenter took 
them for repair. 

No comments: