Friday, August 17, 2007

Yummy tea

I made some Roiboos tea the other tea. It's African Red Bush tea. Lovely stuff. I decided to ice it because it's summer and I'm in Israel and it is darn hot here. So, I put it in a kettle in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

Likewise, Sweetie and I mixed up some Pimms. For you Americans out there, Pimms is a British alcoholic mixer that is drunk in the summer. It's basically the alcoholic base for a sangria-like beverage. You chuck in all sorts of fruit, mint, etc. and add Sprite and 7-Up.

Cut to: my housekeeper. I told her I had some really nice herbal tea in the fridge that she could help herself to.

Later, she says to me, "Oh, that tea is really yummy!" Good -- I'm happy she likes it.

Then, I walk into the kitchen and see her glass. There are bits of apple and orange and mint in it.....

"Jocelyn...ummmm......that's not the tea!:

Oops. No wonder she really liked it:-)

No comments: