Thursday, August 2, 2007

Home Movies

Do any of you have parents who were constantly taking home movies (or videos if you're of a younger generation...) when you were growing up? If so, I URGE you to get them transferred to DVD (or some other even more sophisticated media that I'm not even aware of). My brother rescued old reel movies from our home a few years ago and I was just watching one of the DVDs. It's sooooo precious:

My older brother and I flinging ourselves into snowbanks during the blizzard of '77-'78. ------ Me giving my baby brother a kiss as he pushes me out of the way. ------And the one that made me say, "Ohhhh myyyy godddd": Me during one of my tap dancing lessons when I was about 5. Leotard, tights, and all. ------ Seeing our living room carpeting before it got completely flattened by many years of wear and tear. --- Movies of us on playground equipment that would be considered hideously dangerous and downright illegal these days.

It's all great stuff and priceless, so make sure to get all your movies onto digital media before it's too late!

No comments: