Friday, August 24, 2007

"Muslim Warriors"

Yesterday, I watched most of the second installment of "God's Warriors" on CNN. This one was about "Muslim Warriors." My impression after watching Part II was that it didn't really tell me anything I did not already know. I suppose I was hoping for a more analytical approach to the issues. Instead the episode seemed to focus on interviews that provided examples of the ideologies (for example, an American girl who chooses to wear a hijab), which, frankly, I've seen and read plenty about already.

The program seemed aimed toward an audience that does not already have a general knowledge of various extremist ideologies. But, if someone doesn't already have a basic knowledge of the topic, are they really going to be interested enough to sit in front of a TV for SIX hours total to educate themselves? I'm just not sure who the target audience is....

No comments: