Monday, July 2, 2007

Pick-up lines

Today I was walking to the store and a car pulled up beside me and a man starting speaking Hebrew. I said, "What?" and I figured he was asking for directions (as this still happens to me about 3 times a day). He asked how to get to the beach with the hotels and restaurants. Uhhhh....derrrrr....drive toward the water?? He didn't seem to understand the concept of "GO STRAIGHT." I kept repeating myself. Then he wanted to know if I was going to the beach. "No." So, finally I just started walking again because I sure couldn't help him if he still didn't understand my unmistakable "go straight" motion. Then, he pulled up again, and asked if he could give me a ride if I was going to the beach. "No, I'm NOT going there." He had a huge beer belly and sequins, yes sequins, on his t-shirt. I think next time I will wear sweatpants to the grocery store instead of a skirt...

No comments: