Thursday, February 14, 2008

More Photos

I hereby promise more photos on my blog.  One kind reader suggested this and I know that I've been a terrible photo slacker.  A real shame because I have my fancy DSLR now, so I truly have no excuses.  So, I promise more photos.

That said, yesterday I met with a serious photographer to get some advice on lens purchases.  I need a zoom telephoto for my upcoming trip to Africa.  Easy enough.  He gave me some great suggestions that I am going to investigate and see what I can afford.  But, he also told me that I really need to be taking my photos in the 
RAW format, which means that in order to do anything with them, 
I have to convert them using software that is basically like a digital darkroom. 
UG.  As if uploading and organizing my photos wasn't enough of a trial already:-) 

No comments: