Monday, October 22, 2007

The things that drive me crazy

Today when Sweetie tried to back out of the garage on his way to work, it was completely blocked by a workman's little pickup truck.  Sweetie had to find the workman (at a neighbor's house) and get it moved.  He told the guy not to park his truck there again.

Well, low and behold, I go out and it is RIGHT in front of our garage.  Completely blocking it.  And there were plenty of other places he could have parked.   Like in front of the garage of the person whose house he was working on, for one.  Anyway, I was sooooooo fed up.  I wrote a very "firm" note in both English and Hebrew stating that he should not park there.  Now, thankfully, the truck is completely gone.

"Peace"
Last Thursday, the next door neighbor's house alarm was going off literally for THREE HOURS in the morning.  It would be going off for 3 minutes, stop for 30 seconds, and then start going off again.  I was soooooooo irritated.  I started screaming, "There will NEVER be peace in this country because people here have absolutely no respect for it!!"

I believe this.

And add the whole parking thing, and you see that some people (many here, according to my observations) have no respect for and show no consideration for other people.  This is another truly necessary component to making peace with your neighbors, whether they are neighbors on your street, or neighbors in the next country or "territory."

No comments: