Thursday, October 25, 2007

Confession

Sweetie and I have put on a few extra pounds lately.  Sweetie is really bothered by his weight gain and practially panicked about it.  I'm a little more relaxed because all I need is one good week of going to the gym and I'll be back in shape.  Or at least, that's how it's worked so far.  I recently turned the dreaded age where women say their metabolism suddenly drops off into oblivion and all they have to do is look at an ice cream cone and they gain five pounds.....

Anyway, I keep reassuring Sweetie that the main reason for our weight gain is that we, the two of us, ate virtually his ENTIRE birthday cake by ourselves.  We did.   At first, I suggested he take it in to work, but he was wholly opposed to that idea.  And it was a very special cake, with instructions that it should NOT be stored in the refrigerator.  So, to keeps the ants at bay, we decided to store it in the oven.  It worked quite well.

I think eating the entire cake was totally worth the extra two inches I now have around my waist and hips.  It was heavenly.  I actually still fantasize about the cake.  If I could, I would go out and buy another.  But it was custom-made, very fancy, and cost a fortune (it had a 4-inch figure of a cricket player on it, entirely made of icing.  It was really, truly spectacular.)  
Just as well that I can't buy another!

No comments: