Thursday, December 6, 2007

Where are my brilliant blog ideas?

I find that whenever I'm walking to the gym (or elsewhere), I think of all these witty, interesting, entertaining things to write in my blog, and then when I get home, I can't think of them. Very frustrating....

My New Camera
So, now I'm already fantasizing about buying a telephoto lens for the DSLR that Sweetie got me (and Mom delivered) for my birthday.  We're headed to Africa next Spring and I'm torn about the issue of Image Stabilization.  Some people say you need it, others say you just need to rest your hand somewhere when taking pictures.  All very confusing and I would like to sort it out seeing as how there is about a $1000 difference between the two.  Any camera gurus out there?

My New  Volunteering Adventure
I recently started doing some virtual volunteering for a non-profit called the National Political Do Not Contact Registry (www.StopPoliticalCalls.org).   You can register your home phone number for free and it will be included on do-not-call lists provided to politicians.  The idea is to help people eliminate irritating political robo calls and other unsolicited political phone calls.  The group is non-partisan and fills a hole left by the National Do Not Call Registry, which does not apply to politicians.   Though politicians aren't obligated to abide by the National Political Do Not Contact Registry, hopefully they will!  If they don't, you are always free to use your vote to express how you feel about their unsolicited campaign phone calls:-)

No comments: