Tuesday, December 11, 2007

In Praise of Israel

One very positive thing happened today -- I have been trying to track down a piece of mail I sent from an Israeli post office via registered mail to the US.  In desperation, yesterday I found a spot on the Israel Post website where I could send an email with my issue and someone 
was supposed to contact me.  And guess what, someone called me today!!  And she had tried 
tracking my item on the USPS website (I had tried yesterday to no avail) and she said that there was now a record of my item on the USPS website and that a delivery of it had been attempted.

HOORAY.   It was true and I called the recipient today and they confirmed receipt.  

Huge sigh of relief.  The envelope contained a check representing my entire savings, so it was rather important!

On the flipside, the USPS was also supposed to contact me regarding the same issue, and they haven't yet:-)

No comments: