Tuesday, December 11, 2007

More of Cha-Chan Being Israeli

This evening I was waiting in line at the pharmacy.  I realize that "line" is a difficult concept for some people here.  And low and behold, a Russian couple comes in (they were most  likely immigrants) and this lady proceeds to walk up to the counter, which is occupied with a young woman trying to get her medications in some semblance of privacy, and shoves her paper there.  I immediately walk up to the counter (even though I had appropriately been waiting behind the
"privacy" line) and impose myself between the large Russian lady and the girl being served.  Then, when the girl being served left, Russian Lady put her paper back down yet again, but I swooped in and without making eye contact (very key), defiantly and with aplomb, put my paper down.  And got served. Hooray.  Take that, Russian Lady!

No comments: