Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Busy Days

Today's photo is of a cell on Robben Island, the island where Nelson Mandela was once held prisoner. A truly incredible place to visit and highly recommended to anyone traveling to Cape Town.

Sorry posts are few and far between these days!

Spent a night at Amirim in the Galilee this weekend. Beautiful and peaceful and lots of good food.

But now it's back to reality.

We're continuing our garage sale efforts -- we held one for two hours on Saturday and it was something else. It was advertised only via our housekeeper and we had almost more of a turnout than we could handle! OMG. My head was spinning. I was powerless against these experienced garage sale mavens who lined up ONE HOUR before opening time. Brilliant strategy, however, as we felt pressured to open the door early and they got first dibs on our priceless treasures (okay, pseudo-junk).

1 comment:

vegetablej said...

Wow! Glad to hear you had a successful sale. Your housekeeper must really be connected. Such a contrast to Japan where I could hardly give away really good stuff. I threw out so much I wish I had now. Maybe the hardest part of moving was figuring out what to take and what to leave. Opening the boxes, I can't figure out why I chose some of this stuff. Ratty T-shirt with stains on the front??! Transatlantic cleaning rag, I think.

Gambatte with the moving preparations. May you travel lightly and well.

:)