Monday, May 26, 2008

Photos are Back; Next Steps

I am slowly working my way through my list for insurance -- every day I remember another treasured piece of jewelry that I will never see again. Even some of the smallest, least expensive pairs of earrings I had will be sorely missed. As I expand my list, I realize that most of my jewelry pieces were gifts. With fond memories attached. Of visiting friends in Japan. Of farewell parties and small packages opened at the airport.



I have decided, as VegetableJ so wisely suggested, to focus on going home first, finding a job later. I'm going to book a flight to Ohio and stay at the old homestead until I can get my bearings again and/or find a job. This has all upset me much more than I thought it would. Though I am dealing with the theft and the resulting sense insecurity, all the fallout from it (losing my computer, harddrives and all their data; trying to fill out insurance forms; trying to sell much of our stuff prior to the move which has now been brought forward by about two months and is imminent; etc.) has added stress to my plate that I'm honestly not handling all that well. I can't say I've ever felt this ungrounded in my life.

On the good news front, I am plunging forward with organizing some of my trip photos -- so here's the first one from Cape Town -- the lovely Villa Belmonte where we stayed on night prior to the rest of our tour group's arrival. It was gorgeous and I wish I could transport myself right back to their open-air veranda for breakfast!

1 comment:

vegetablej said...

Beautiful pictures. Glad you had the happiness of that trip before your trouble, and also glad to hear that you will be going home soon.

Best of luck with all the preparations, whirlwind of windings-up, and excitement as you look forward to a new life and home.

:)