Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tranquil places

Sweetie and I spent nearly one month in Japan this October. It had been almost two years since we had been to Japan, and this trip wasn't as rushed as last time, so we were able to enjoy visiting various places that were sentimental to us. Sweetie had previously lived in Kamakura, so that was one spot we wanted to revisit. On our way there, we stopped at a lesser-known temple, which offered some welcome quiet and tranquility. It was fun to explore the cemetery up the hillside, and dodge the giant spider webs that proved very few people made their way up that far.

2 comments:

Junko said...

Hello, Erin

long time no see. This is Junko.

There are nice pictures! I want to see your Kamakura pictures more.
If I knew you come Japan, I wanted see you, but you were very busy, didn't you?
Did you have good time in Kamakura?

Anyway, I'm going to go Tokyo and Kyoto at Nov. 22, For 5 days.
Do you have your favorite and recommend spots in Kyoto? You have live in Kyoto, DAYONE...
I'm visiting many temple and take pictures!
But I worry that there is always congest with tourist in this season. But I'm just tourist too !

Ja matane

vegetablej said...

A month in Japan. Lucky you! As well as beautiful shrines, did you max out on sushi, udon and soba, and green tea and manju?

:)